Do you have a problem with Microsoft Outlook? Are you having trouble opening Microsoft Outlook? This blog is for you.
This blog will provide you with real solutions to the problem "Cannot open Microsoft Outlook". These methods will allow you to get your Outlook back up and running without any errors. These methods are compatible with all versions of Outlook 2019, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2007, and lower, as well as all other systems.
Let's now see how to fix or prevent an even worse situation when Outlook is not opening. We must first identify the root cause of the error.
What are the causes and symptoms of the "Cannot open Microsoft Outlook" error message?
This issue's main sign is easily identifiable. Click on Outlook to see a dialog box that hangs for a while. Then, you'll get the message "Cannot open Microsoft Outlook." Outlook window cannot be opened Error: The folder set cannot be opened.
- Microsoft claims that the root cause is a corrupted Navigation Pane settings file (xyz.xml), where "Xyz” is your MS Outlook profile name. You will notice a decrease in file size if the file is corrupted.
- Your Outlook data file (.pst,.ost) may have been deleted or damaged.
- This could be caused by Outlook not being uninstalled or reinstalled correctly.
Although there's no known cause for this error, it could affect all versions of MS Outlook, including the latest Outlook 2019. Whatever the reason, Outlook will not open regardless. cannot open the outlook window The question is: How do I fix Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook. These are the answers to your question.
Solutions to the "Cannot open Microsoft Outlook" problem
You now know the reasons why Microsoft Outlook cannot be opened. Outlook window cannot be opened "The set of folders cannot be opened" error. Let's now see how we can fix them. Here are two solutions.
1. Recover your Navigation Pane configuration
Most often, it is the corrupted Navigation Pane Settings file that prevents Microsoft Outlook from running successfully. So the first thing you should do is to get it back. Here are the steps to accomplish this task.
- Click on the Start button.
- Navigate to Accessories All Programs in the Start menu.
- Next, type the command "outlook.exe/resetnavpane" and click OK.
If you have any difficulties or are unable to recover the Navigation Pane configuration file, then delete the XML files that store the Navigation Pane settings. Follow these steps to do this:
- Type the "%appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook" command in the Search field and press Enter.
- It will open the folder containing MS Outlook configuration files. Locate and delete Outlook.xml.
2. Scanpst.exe can repair your Outlook data files.
If Microsoft Outlook has been reinstalled and there was an error during uninstallation, Outlook may not be able to open because the default Outlook data file PST could have been deleted or damaged. This error is likely to occur: "Cannot open Microsoft Office Outlook." Outlook.pst does not belong to your personal folders.
Now, repair outlook.pst using Inbox Repair Tool (aka Scanpst.exe). Follow these steps to do this:
- Open Windows Explorer, then go to C: Program files Microsoft OfficeOffice Version.
- This will bring up Scanpst.exe. Double-click it.
You can also click Start and type scanpst.exe into the Search box
- You will then be able to click the Browse button and choose your default Outlook.pst.
- Click the Start button. Your file will be restored in a matter of minutes.
Hopefully, your file got repaired. Open Microsoft Outlook now to verify that the "Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook” issue has been resolved. If it is not, then try the following solution:
The Inbox Repair Tool is an inbuilt tool that repairs PST files. It repairs most files. This tool will fail if the corruption is very severe. You will need PST file recovery created by Mailconvertertools in such situations. This tool can be used by even a beginner to repair Outlook PST files. This tool is the best way to repair Outlook PST files. It also overcomes the limitations of the Inbox Recovery Tool.
This technical guide will help you solve the problem "Cannot open Microsoft Outlook." The outlook window is not opening. This error occurs when the set of folders cannot be opened. The main causes are corruption in the navigation pane and corruption within PST. Both of these causes have been discussed. I hope you can resolve your problem. Please contact me if you have any questions about any of the steps.